Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Cheap and Cheerful



Is it just me, or does cuffing a pair of skinny jeans above the ankles instantly make them look tons cooler and more stylish? I'm pretty sure it's wishful thinking on my part, but just go with it.

Incidentally, I never get more compliments than when I wear this shirt. Okay, maybe that's not true, but honestly people love it. Personally, I'm not totally smitten, though probably because its tunic cut means it doesn't go with anything except skinny jeans, and I can't really do anything creative with it. But when I wear it I do enjoy the satin trim, which is irresistibly smooth and soft. I used to have a blanket with a similar trim when I was a baby, so it's strangely comforting.  



Guess cardigan from Labels consignment, top from a store in Anaheim, Buffalo Exchange jeans, Nine West wedges from Ross, bracelet here

A hasty, chilly photo shoot yesterday resulted in pretty sub-par photos, but here's a couple of semi-decent ones. I'm still struggling to find something to match this skirt besides white (purple and white were my high school colors, I still feel a bit strange wearing them together) or black. While not totally successful, I did like the tone-on-tone look with my green shoes and tights. I find myself more and more working similar monotone elements into my outfits, such as with my coral t-shirt and red sweater from last week. Full monotone is a bit extreme for me, though... I always have to include at least one major piece in a contrasting color. 


Target t-shirt from Goodwill, Wilson's Leather skirt from Labels consignment, Charlotte Russe tights, Payless Shoe Source heels

No comments:

Post a Comment