Thursday, January 20, 2011

Shut it down.



Tonight instead of Joe having to take the bus to school, he convinced me to come with him and hang out on my laptop since his class is only a couple of hours. Since my plans for going out for another woodsy photoshoot today got foiled by all-day pouring rain, I thought I could easily find a quiet little spot out of the way to get a few pictures, and then do a post while I was waiting. Turns out, the campus is pretty busy, even in the evening. I had more trouble than I thought finding a secluded, decently lit spot. Then I had to wait for Joe’s break so he could give me his password, so I entertained myself the only way I could think of for about ten minutes—playing around with editing my pictures. That’s why they’re a little fancier than normal today, though I used Windows Photo Gallery, so my selection of effects was pretty sparse.





This dress is actually for sale in my etsy store, and I've been wanting to style it and take some photos to add to the current boring shots of it hanging from a fence. And what better way to celebrate the adorable polka-dot print than with MOAR POLKA-DOTS! Serioulsy, did I even have the option to wear any shoes other than my matching blue polka-dot pumps? Throw in a dotted tank-top for good measure, and a vintage necklace to bring the nineties silhouette a little fifties flair, and now I'm considering taking out of my store and not letting any of you out there have it. 

Listing is here.

American Rag clearance cardigan, delia*s tank top, vintage dress, old tights, Kensie girl clearance shoes, vintage necklace

14 comments:

  1. the vintage sellers constant dilemma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the mix of polka dots! What a great way to cheer up gloomy weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally cute look! Polka dots are always fun and new, and the red sweater tops it off. http://thearcenciel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that you did a pretty decent job with these pics! I love the pumps!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the double polka dots. I also dig that you were not stopped by the rain. It rained here all day, and it kept me from shooting my outfit. oops.

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute polkadots :)

    first giveaway: Hard Candy makeup products
    at: http://pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a cute dress and shoes! http://missbeatrix.blogspot.com

    P.S. Can I ask a teeny-tiny favor from you guys? It will only take 10 seconds. So pretty please? All you have to do is like this page and then like my photo. Your vote means everything to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute outfit :)
    if you love fashion & vintage, check out my blog for the little promo for discount!

    www.veritalane.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute dress! Love that you paired it with that cardigan.

    xx Melina
    .but i like it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. pretty in polkadot! i like that you threw on the red cardi for a burst of solid color, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love polka dots!! So sweet and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oooo that dress is fantastic! and the black tights, red sweater, polka shoes! oh yes, so fun!

    Cheers!

    femalebandit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are fabulous. I'm diggin' that dress!

    ReplyDelete