Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Final Product




If you read my post from earlier today, you know that I started my outfit with the purple suede skirt I'm wearing, and the rest was chosen though a process which I will describe in my next post. But you don't have to wait to see the final product, cause this is it! I feel pretty good about how it turned out. It's not earth-shattering, but I tried something new with the mixing of purples and took another shot at doubling up my tights. I thought the black textured tights toned down the brightness of the neon purple ones really well. For anyone out there who has trouble styling colored tights, this might be a good way to ease in. You get a peek of the color without feeling to muppet-y, and you'll make even a boring outfit way spiffier! Overall the items I wore today were super basic, and I would have gone a totally different way to avoid looking too plain (boring), but the tights felt like just the right amount of crazy. One of my goals in wearing this skirt again was to try something really different from how I've styled it before, and I think I accomplished that. Do you agree? Check out the other versions here and here.




Goodwill blazer, Target clearance button-up, Wilson's suede skirt from Labels consignment, purple Betsey Johnson tights, black JC Penny tights, Kenneth Cole Reaction boots


7 comments:

  1. Love your tights! Great pictures btw. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute! I love the pop of color from the tights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute outfit... love the tights (may I know where u got them from)

    http://mylyfe-mystory.blogspot.../

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a cute blazer! and AWESOME Booties. seriously.
    Cardigans and Cookie Dough

    ReplyDelete
  5. your outfit is beautiful, so are the pictures what a great location!

    savannah-joyofliving.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh I love those shoes! I wish I had such great scenery in my photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, awesome shoes...awesomer tights. Those rock my socks. Even though I'm not wearing socks.

    ReplyDelete