Tuesday, November 9, 2010

You make a better door than a guy

First things first, you guys. I just finished reading The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, the first book in her recently completed trilogy. It's no small compliment for me to say it is the best young adult book I've read since Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I often turn to young adult fiction when I need a break from heavier literature, and so I'm no stranger to many of the most popular recent series (since, it seems, nothing young adult can be successful anymore without being a series that's also being/has been turned into a movie). Only the His Dark Materials books by Philip Pullman can compare. Collins has set up a well-paced, emotionally resonant, thrilling first book that not only makes me want to read the next immediately, but makes me feel that it's urgent I do so. Highly recommended so far, and I'm sure I'll have more to say when I get through the rest of the series, which is not likely to take very long.

Next. Here's an outfit I wore to work one of my last days there. It was also two days before Halloween, and though it was unintentional I did feel a bit like a superhero all day. In hindsight, I think I would have preferred tights instead of the leggings, but overall the look was fun and kind of cool and weird.





Recently, I got the green light from Joe to post pictures of him on my blog. There wasn't a particular reason I hadn't done so earlier, but he brought it up one day and so I told him I'd post any pictures he approved. So here it is, Joe's debut:


What a goofball. Yeah, he stood casually aside while I was taking pictures, and then lept into the frame just as the shutter clicked. Now here's us being Urban Outfitters models:



1 comment:

  1. I love this look. Very cute. Good job with this layering.

    thequeenofwanderlust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete