Thursday, November 4, 2010

I love you Pumpkinhead

First things first: I've joined Bloglovin, you can now follow me! Follow my blog with bloglovin

Second, but more importantly....

Here is a photo shoot I did with my sidekick Paige. I started babysitting her when she was about a year and a half old, and now she's in high school! It's fun that we have stayed friends, and we definitely have a sister-type undertone to our relationship. She also just got her braces off the other day, so she deserves a blog post of her very own. We took the pictures awhile ago, so the braces remain, but my guess is that we will do a new shoot soon, minus the metal-mouth. She just as cute either way, though!


Our original intention was to take a few photos by this lake and head back home, but we ended up going around the entire thing! Paige started out in these flats, but brought along her trusty Converse as well. Which meant, of course, I had to carry her dirty old shoes around in my purse, since she didn't bring hers.



The outfit was styled around her black tulle and lace dress, a birthday present I bought her. We went on a shopping trip together, including her first trip to Buffalo Exchange. I found the dress and encouraged her to try it on, and it fit her (and me, actually) really well. I was surprised she actually decided to buy it. But I think she got the Buffalo Exchange concept--if you're gonna buy something there, it better be kinda crazy and awesome. 



We had a blast running around and taking pictures. As time wore on, we got a bit more creative and tried all sorts of poses. Above, I directed her into one of my go-to stances: stand slightly sideways, point one toe, look down at foot while smiling slightly. I promise you there are tons of examples of me doing this exact thing, and there will continue to be in the future.


One of the coolest parts of the day was when we came across this owl just hanging out in the middle of the day. He was fast asleep and adorable. I've never actually seen an owl in real life before, except maybe at a zoo or something, so we took a bunch of pictures of him. So cute! I wanted to squeeze him and hug him and love him forever.

So what do you say, Paige? Let's do it again soon!

1 comment:

  1. Cute look. I loke this skirt. Plus this scenery is so pretty!

    thequeenofwanderlust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete