Sunday, November 28, 2010

Danannananananana



Lately, I'm reverting to the geek look more and more. But the style pendulum has been known to swing wildly from day to day, so don't expect it to be an every day thing. I'm glad I'm starting to figure out how to bring these Doc Martens back into my wardrobe again, they are so shiny and waxed and scratched and worn. My life has taken on the strange insecurity and semi-aimlessness of high school again lately, so it just feels right. The glasses come with that, too, though I still find myself hesitant to wear them. Not because I don't like them, but because I've discovered that it's infinitely harder to get a good picture when I'm wearing them. I have really deep set eyes, giving me a haggard air of tiredness in even the best of circumstances. When compounding that with the low light of my apartment and adding another layer on top with the glasses, there's always something off in every picture. Oh well, I'm not so vain as to obsess about it. Just adds a wrinkle to my photo sessions.


If you look closely, you can see Joe is making another appearance in the blog. He is all bundled up in protest of my minimal heat-turning-on policy, since I have to pay for electric at my place. He doesn't where he lives, so sometime we hole up there when it's especially cold out. 

I have to point out how skinny my legs look here. When I wear skirts and tights, I often get comments on my flickr from guys (luckily, very few are actually creepy, most are pretty innocuous) saying thing to the effect of "you got nice legs" and "you should wear skirts all the time," and blah blah blah. I think it's because I take pictures from a lower angle a lot, and it create some sort of long, shapely-legged illusion. Well, sorry to burst your bubble flickr creepers, but this is what I really look like. I have chicken legs, and I'm proud of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment