Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Something Else that's Overrated

Laugh tracks.

Actually, I don't even know if laugh tracks can qualify as overrated, since I don't think anyone likes them or believes they serve any purpose. (Except, apparently, TV executives, who continue to plug them into most new sitcoms.) Maybe it's because basically every show I watch doesn't use a laugh track, but I can't abide them anymore. Often, when I am online I have the tv playing in the background, and I don't notice what's on until it's something really weird or annoying. Case in point: there is some new Friends-wannabe atrocity called 100 Questions (I think), and it employs copious amounts of canned laughter after, oh, EVERY SINGLE LINE SPOKEN. I wish I was exaggerating. I resent being told what is funny and when to laugh, and even more so I resent having to endure uproarious prerecorded laughing at overwhelmingly mediocre dialog.

BOTHERED!

No comments:

Post a Comment