Friday, October 4, 2013

They're back

Value Village sweater, Pacsun jeans, those sandals again



Earlier in the year, I read a book called Ready Player One by Ernest Cline, and loved it. I won't get into the plot too much, but it was basically about a future world where everyone spends most of their time in a virtual reality computer game-based world. It's mostly action-adventure, and though that's not always my first choice genre, I would wholly recommend it. So when I spied You by Lev Grossman, another video-game themed book, I hoped to be just as enthralled. I enjoyed most of it, but only in a mildly interested way, and found that the last section dragged quite a bit. It was basically a coming of age story in that way that coming of age seems to happen in our late twenties instead of teen years these days. And the the end was dragged down by too much technical babble and very little of the personality that had kept it somewhat afloat until then. The cover art is awesome, though. So here I am holding it.

No comments:

Post a Comment