Thursday, July 25, 2013

Gig day




Labels/Old Navy tank, Buffalo Exchange/Flying Tomato jacket, Buffalo Exchange/Celebrity Pink jeans, Bass Perry boots, Goodwill necklace, Roxy watch
Now that my band is actually playing the occasional gig, I find I'm having a lot of fun picking out show outfits. I've had a very dress/cardigan based style going for quite awhile, but over the past couple of years I've started to incorporate edgier and more masculine-inspired pieces into my looks. Since our music isn't exactly acoustic or shoe-gaze, I want to portray a powerful, strong look without going too cliche with black and leather. Tonight I put together some contradictory pieces that ended up looking amazing. I've got nods to classic rock style with my black ankle boots, snug pleather jacket and bleached jeans (which I did myself with this tutorial). I threw on the bright floral tank because I just bought it today and wanted to see how it would look, and ended up loving the contrast. So fun, light and summery, and yet it fits right in! 

No comments:

Post a Comment