Monday, January 7, 2013

Blood Meridian and blood orange shoes

J Crew sweater, Gap jeans, Dolce Vita shoes, mom's necklace from high school




I fear this might be the only photographic evidence of me wearing these shoes for awhile. I want to wear them, truly I do, but they're so PRETTY and what if they get ruined or something? I'm overprotective of them, because they are so orange and suede-ey and pristine and I have no children or pets to moon over. 

Also, mini-review since I'm doing this thing now where I include the books I'm reading in my photos when I can. This one is Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy. I've read and loved two other books by McCarthy, No Country For Old Men for it's perfect pacing and tension, and The Road for it's heartbreaking characters and gorgeous prose. I had high expectations, but Blood Meridian was impossible for me to get into. I am a completest and I read it cover to cover, but was underwhelmed. I know that many people love and admire it, though, so perhaps I'm in the minority.

1 comment:

  1. Hallo, Stephanie!
    Erst einmal vielen Dank für deine nette Antwort!
    Es ist erstaunlich, du hast gejammert wegen der Fotos. :-)
    Aber, diese sind doch wunderbar gelungen!
    Die Schuhe sind wahrlich schwer zu kombinieren, ungeeignet für einen Rock, aber deine Lösung ist perfekt: Die Farbe der Hose und der Beinschnitt sind genau richtig dafür! Insgesamt, mit dem Pullover, sieht doch alles wunderschön aus! Und, vor allem ... bequem!
    In jedem Falle, es paßt gut zu dir! Bitte, mach weiter so!!
    Liebe Grüße!

    Hi, Stephanie!
    First of all, thank you for your nice answer!
    It is amazing, you did doubt because the photos. :-)
    However, these are succeeded wonderfully!
    These shoes are really difficult to combine, unsuitable for a skirt, but your solution is perfect: The color of the pants and the bootcut are exactly right for it! Altogether, with the sweater, but everything looks very beautiful! And, mainly ... comfortable/convenient!
    In every case, it will match well to you! Please, do it so continue!!
    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete