Thursday, February 10, 2011

I will just...destroy you





Though I have to admit, I'm not much of a fan, maxi dresses are pretty much taking over, especially as a breezy, simple option for the impending warmer weather. Yet in my closet hangs this dress. Not quite a maxi, it hangs rather strangely right at my ankles. Somehow, the added awkwardness of the wedges works for me (despite the fact that I almost faceplanted trying to walk down a wooded trail in them). I'm still not sold on the whole maxi thing (though maybe if they changed the name...I don't usually have aversions to specific words, but I kind of hate "maxi"), but I will admit the length of the hem made me feel more elegant and fancy than usual.




Blazer from Goodwill, Espirit dress from Macy's, Target tights, Nine West wedges from Ross, Goodwill necklace

4 comments:

  1. I love this look, the blazer paired with the patterned dress, the wedges, the setting in the woods... it all works. Have you tried a floor-length jersey knit maxi yet? They're like being wrapped in pajamas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your dress.

    I understand how you feel about the word 'maxi' though. I refuse to call anything a 'snood'. It sounds like an insult. I don't even know who makes up these names. They sound just silly, really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ummmm didn't I see this outfit featured on Weardrobe or something????

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually so love how you paired this!

    ReplyDelete