Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I think I'll call him "Poo-Paw"


ring made by my dad in high school, other ring from Joe, rhinestone bracelet my grandma's (vintage), silver bracelet my mom's from high school, purple crystal bracelets a gift one year for Christmas



I'm kinda running out of stuff to watch lately. I don't have tv, so it's strictly Netflix and Hulu (free Hulu, not plus) and whatever else I can find online. One recent coup is that Joe and I discovered that TBS (which streams Conan, a personal fave) not only airs Seinfeld on their channel, but they also offer a rotation of five episodes at a time on their website. This is the only legal site I have ever found with Seinfeld episodes, so we have been making use of it. I've seen every one more times than I can count, but it still holds up. When I was in high school and college I knew the times when it would come on and what channels aired it in syndication, so I could catch between two and four episodes a day if I wanted! 

Joe and I are pretty picky about tv, and though there are lots of movies in the instant watch queue, we don't get to those very often. My Office DVD's are dearly beloved, but they've seen more viewing than perhaps any other show I've ever watched. Parks and Recreation was brilliant in the second season, but the third doesn't even start for a couple of weeks. So the other day I was browsing through Netflix's instant watch tv comedy options, and noticed they had The Larry Sanders Show. I'd heard a lot about it, but since it was an HBO show from my childhood I had never seen a single episode. Turns out, it's fantastic! I can see how it was an influence on many of my favorite shows, such as those I've already mentioned. It's got Jeffery Tambor (from Arrested Development, another goodie) looking like Dr. Phil's long lost twin brother and a rather younger and more likeable Jeremy Piven than I've seen before, as well as a slate of nineties-era guest stars. It reminds me of a kinder, gentler Curb Your Enthusiasm (I never could get into that show), with a touch of Aaron Sorkin-esque clever wordiness to the dialog.




And while I'm on a roll talking about stuff I like, my mom got me some Bare Escentuals makeup for Christmas. Not the normal kit with foundation and stuff, but the Mineral Veil, blush, mascara, some eyeshadows, and lip gloss. Now, I'm not really a gloss kind of girl. I have a really hard time finding shades that look good on me. But of the five I got, three or four of them work well with my skin tone, and I've been wearing them almost every day! That's why I'm making the kissy face above--I'm trying to show you how nice it looks. Then I put the dorky one in next because I don't have nearly enough dorky photos considering that's one of my dominant personality traits.


Oh, and one more plug. My cousin got me this purse for Christmas. I love the color, and it looks so nice with my soft gray coat and slate ankle boots. My aunt and cousin kept telling me they had it in black as well, and I could return it for that color, but I don't have much purple in my wardrobe, so I was psyched to get it. I'll probably just wear it with all my various colored coats without regard for "matching."

PacSun cardigan (Billabong), Hot Topic t-shirt, Goodwill dress worn as skirt, Target tights, Kenneth Cole Reaction boots


16 comments:

  1. The Larry Sanders show is awesome...watched three hours of it this weekend on IFC marathon. It's amazing how many people from that show went on to be stars on their own (check out the young Sarah Silverman in later episodes, working with Chloe from 24)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This outfit looks so effortless and amazing! I really need some tights that color - so cute! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that you paired the bright blue tights with the grey and black hues.
    very pretty.
    oh! the purse is lovely as well!
    Love and Such,
    -Meganne
    www.theposhpearl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost thought that was a full size bag. I wish it was, it's so damn cute. I'm not too big on bags (I've carried the same bag for like 3 years) but I love anything with a bow on it. Actually, my clutch looks pretty similar. I'll show you once I take a picture =X (Being lazy)

    Yasmeen

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH! I actually came to thank you for your comment (but *confession* I forgot after I read your post :P) My bad! Thank you!

    Yasmeen

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice pics, so lovely :)
    follow me ;>??
    kisses from pepa

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhh such a pretty bag! love the colour and the texture, yr cousin has good taste :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh your shoes are delightful! especially with those electric tights! you look splendid!

    also, my hubsbandface and i are strictly netflix people too. we went throught The Office seasons 1 through 6 on Nexflix in about a month and a half. Its amazing. I'm ready to start all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, you've sold me on the Larry Sanders show. I intend to check it out.
    You've also sold me on bright blue tights. Very fun.

    Leaving the House in THIS?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving this outfit! You wear those blue tights so well! And the purse is adorable, too. I have a purse that is a similar color and I love it!


    Kristine. Or Polly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really like this outfit! Totally cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok, so wow...this totally works and few could pull it off...but petit little you can rock it girl! LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those tights totally MAKE this outfit. Very rocker chic.

    tolookforstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. oops! haha what I was trying to say was...
    Gwen would be proud of this outfit. love it.
    http://dawnstag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete