Saturday, October 23, 2010

With Arms Wide Open?

I found a couple of days worth of phots I almost skipped over this morning, and I'm glad I did. This outfit in particular I loved, and am tempted to wear again exactly the same. This was my second styling of the houndstooth skirt, and I put a lot more thought into in this time. I am SUPER into my pattern mixing hear, love love love it. The blouse did tend to come untucked a lot, but it was a small price to pay.


As much as I like to think I'm starting to amass a credible collection of thrifted and unique items, time and time again recently I've found myself decked out primarily in Target items. The sweater I got a couple of years ago in the midst of the great mustard yellow renaissance, and have continued to wear and love it since. I always have to talk myself into it in the mornings when I put it on, but it ends up looking great. And I got it on sale! I almost got the black instead, but this color has filled a void in my cardigan collection nicely. The blouse is an Isaac Mizrahi for Target piece, and it was on clearance for around five bucks. It doesn't translate to pictures, but the white has a very slight sheen only noticeable in certain light, and adds great interest to a very basic piece. Also, the sleeves have some very cute button detailing, but usually that gets covered up by sweaters and jackets. 


The skirt was a killer find, and is a little girl's size large I think. I worried about it being a little short for work, but somehow I got away with it when I wore it. I love the slight high waist, and the pleating, and there is and exposed zipper in the back as well. 

The tights....I can't tell you how much I love these tights. I get so many compliments on them, and they are perfect for dressing up a simple outfit or contrasting with a neutral pattern. I feel so bold and modern when I wear them, but not overly trendy. Also, they are super comfortable and seem to be holding up well considering I wear them once or twice a week.


How do you like the bathroom as a new photo shoot location? It turned out pretty well, but I had to take a LOT of shots to get a couple good ones. The search for good lighting continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment