Tuesday, September 14, 2010

My New Apartmentssss, preciousssssss...



Well, I've officially signed the lease for this lovely studio apartment. I will be living in a new town for the first time since I was two years old. In the above shot you can see most of my new abode. I'm super excited (or, as young Joe would have said, I'm so cited!) to be living alone again, though I've had a lot of great times with my various roommates over the past couple of years. And I am just a few blocks away from Joe, I get to see him every day again! Well, not yet. As soon as I get moved in, which will likely be Saturday. I still have to pack, and work my last day at the library, and train at my new job. And have a moving out party Friday. AND one of my oldest friends will likely be giving birth this week, probably also on Friday. So, you know, life is pretty chill.

Careful observers will note this bathroom is handicapped-accessible. Because it was the only unit they had left.

Now let's talk about what's really important--my outfit. I have had this sweater for months and I've only worn it once before, because it looks weird with pretty much everything. The only time it seems to work is if my dress or skirt is shorter than the sweater itself, leaving me few options when trying to style it. On this day I threw on the shirtdress first, and while trying to figure out what to wear over it, the planets aligned and I grabbed the cardigan and my new tights and ended up loving the result.






Why does this dress always look so much wrinklier in pictures than in real life? 


No comments:

Post a Comment