Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Before and After

While looking at through my photos that I need to post, I decided to put Friday and Saturday together. Once I had uploaded them, I noticed that I look a bit like a makeover show before and after.





Not that I don't look cute in the first one--I rather like that outfit, actually--it just goes to show how differently I often dress from day to day. Both photos are of me dressed for work, but Saturday is a shorter day for me which explains my attempt to wear heels. I would have liked to wear my green mary jane pumps to add bit of color, but for some reason these black t-straps don't go with a much in my closet and I wanted to throw them into the rotation.

Another thing I noticed about these outfits is that I'm giving a perfect example of how clothes can shape how your body is perceived. I'm very petite and slim, so I don't have to bother much with hiding parts I don't want seen. But many of you out there do, and I know my metabolism will catch up to me someday and I will to. These two shots are a good example of how you can change the way people see your body with clothing.

In the first shot, my tank top hits below my stomach and the hem has a curve to it, creating a perception that my whole hip/stomach area is bigger. My button-up shirt gives the impression of straight vertical lines down each side of my body, obscuring my waist. It also hits right at my hips, adding extra bulk to that area. I'm not too concerned about it, but even I am a bit shocked when I go from that image to the next one. In that picture, I'm wearing a top with slight volume to balance my slim shoulders. The skirt hits at the smallest part of my waist and the pockets add curves to my rather slim hips, creating an hourglass shape.

Too bad it wasn't done on purpose, or I could look pretty smart and helpful right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment