Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Come on, come on, come on. Get through it.




While most of you have sadly put aside your pretty red and pink dresses now that Valentine's Day is gone, I have an excuse to take mine out for a night on the town. Yesterday was our anniversary, but Joe had school, so tonight we celebrate! (We've been together two years, if you're wondering.) Italian food at a place he's never been, True Grit at the theater by my apartment, and maybe some ice cream or a milkshake later on. My red Christmas dress was begging to be worn, since the only other day it's appropriate is Christmas. Though appropriate isn't really a concept I abide, so expect to see me throwing it on to go to the beach or work or something equally ridiculous in the coming months. 

The shoes were actually my first pair of high heels. I got them back in middle school for a choir concert, and though I don't wear them much anymore my love for them is just as strong now. In fact, I like them so much with this outfit I think they're going to start making their way back into regular rotation. They're Chinese Laundry, which was my favorite shoe brand for years. I don't see it around that often anymore, but when I do I get major nostalgia.



Embarrassingly simple DIY of the day: If you want to wear a pendant on a long chain but don't have one, just attach two shorter ones together end to end. They don't have to be the same size or metal, and don't worry if the clasp shows. The best part of fashion is the presence of intentional imperfections.

Target sweater from Goodwill, Buffalo Exchange dress, old tights, Chinese Laundry shoes, antique store pendant

6 comments:

  1. That red is such a pretty color on you! Sounds like you guys had a fun evening planned - I hope you enjoyed it! Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your dress and those shoes ! such a lovely look
    i would love for you to check out my blog and tell me what you think
    Ashley
    http://wise-rabbit-says.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely blog :)
    Thanks for the follow

    becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous outfit and I love the setting x

    ReplyDelete
  5. ermkay.
    so. i love those shoes to death.
    and i want your necklace.
    that is all.

    -meganne
    www.theposhpearl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, that last line is SUCH a line to live by. I want it framed. I love those shoes and the fact that you've had them since middle school! That is clearly a sign that you have a great eye for lasting pieces. =]

    xx Melina
    .but i like it.

    ReplyDelete