Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Explain the Rules.


Well, hello there. How are you?


Needless to say, I've been AWOL from my blog for a few weeks. Before I moved, I believed firmly that I would be able to transition smoothly into blogging at my new place, especially since I have a Clear internet modem that I can take with me wherever I go, and ostensibly just plug it in and get online. As it turns out, not so much. I've had incredibly spotty and unreliable access, despite the fact that I visited a Clear store and was told I'm in the service area, and calling technical support to have the modem remotely rebooted. Since then, I've been trying to decide what route to take. I think I'll end up trying out one of those USB internet cards, since it would be nice to have portable internet, but it's a bit more expensive.

I suppose, despite my issues, I still could have been posting, but for some reason it's just been difficult. I work full time now, and on top of that I commute half an hour each way, and have to go to bed around ten thirty to get a decent amount of sleep. That means I have limited time to see Joe, especially on the days he goes to school until seven thirty. So I've kinda pushed blogging aside a bit. The thing is, I've really missed it. I've never stopped coming up with posts in my head, or grabbing a few minutes to upload some shots to my flickr, or imagining a future where blogging can at least partially support me financially. My little break has only strengthened my resolve and passion as a blogger, and I hope to come back full force. I will write posts in Word and upload them when my internet is cooperative if I have to.

And now on to clothing.

This outfit was a recent favorite of mine, and the first of what will likely be a series of outfits featuring this button-up tunic. I am hoping to wear it with every possible skirt at some point. This was taken last week (I think), and just yesterday I wore the top again with my turquoise Kirra skirt from Pacsun. There's something so neutral and yet fresh about the pretty blue of the tunic, the rolled sleeves, the tiny striped print. Paired with my schoolgirl skirt, I felt season-appropriate and stylish without being trendy. I also love that I got three patterns in....the striped tunic, plaid skirt, and polka-dot shoes. Maybe I should have thrown in some textured tights for good measure.


These pictures were taken on the deck of my new apartment, which I am loving by the way. Many more photos to come of the inside. The lighting is kind of tricky, which is why I ventured outside on this day, but being out on my deck I risk people seeing me and thinking I'm weird or vain as I pose for my own camera. Oh, well, I guess I should get over it. I love how the shots came out, so I was glad I braved the guy across the parking lot watching me while on a cigarette break.


That's all for now, but I'll be back soon! I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment