Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Blogsessions: She is Sara

I, like all of you out there, follow tons of other blogs, and am always looking for a new obsession. There's not really any type of consistency to the style of my favorite blogs. In truth they are very eclectic and varied in tone and content. And since they way I find these blogs is just as varied, I thought I might start sharing with you guys some of the ladies in my blogroll, in hopes that you might discover and love them as much as I do.

So, here it is, the inagural post in what I hope to make a series called Blogsessions: She is Sara! Here's a little intro Sara sent me describing her blog:

I am Sara from She is Sara, and my blog is a sort-of personal style/life blog combo. I am an English major and I love to read, it is my passion. I love music (really, who doesn't?) mostly classic rock, and Indie bands. I also watch a lot of movies when I get time, so reviews of what I have read, watched or listened to. You might also find lots of pictures of my puppy  Louie too, because he is my life. 

 I found Sara over the summer, and was immediately drawn to her girly grunge casual cute style. She isn't afraid of color and pattern, nor of putting a feminine dress with a flannel shirt. She gets away with a lot because of her fun and confident attitude. One of my favorite things about her is the accessibility of her wardrobe. Like many of us, a good chunk of her closet is filled with stuff from Target and thrift stores. She's a great example of how to mix affordable pieces. She seems like the kind of girl you could be friends with, who pushes you style-wise and is a blast to go thrifting with. Plus, she mentions tons of stuff on her blog that I read and think Hey, I totally love that person/movie/music/thing too! Yay! From Gilmore Girls to Dead Weather to 500 Days of Summer, Sara's got taste. Here's a few of my favorite photos, as well as a little interview I conducted.


1. What was your favorite book as a child?
Probably Little House on the Prairie, it was my mom's copy from when she was little and that is probably why I liked it so much. I also loved to re-read this Black Orchid comic book that I had found in my dad's old comic book collection. I guess I really just liked my parents old stuff.  

2. What is the best dessert?
Hrmm... that is tough! I would have to say this frozen yogurt that I get at Erma's custard stand Utica MI. They always have at least three flavors and they make sunday's and parfaits with them. Any kind you can think of, cookies, candy or fruit. It's pretty awesome. 



3. Choose one of the following: wizards, fairies, zombies, hobbits, vampires, or other. State your reasons.
Vampires because I was a huge Anne Rice fanatic for the longest time and read almost all of her books. I became infatuated with the vampire Lestat. I also think Spike was pretty awesome from Buffy The Vampire Slayer, and I also used to read the graphic novel Vampire Knight. 

4. If you were the last person on earth, and you could bring back three people, who would they be? 

Oh wow, probably my boyfriend Kyle because he is very sweet and is always hungry so he would most likely be able to hook me up with food all the time. My best friend Jamie because we practically have the same mind and we would find random crap to get into to entertain ourselves. I would also bring back my dog Louie because he is my life. He smells and jumps on me all the time but he is my big ol baby.



5. What is the one type of clothing item that you can't get enough of and keep buying even though you have too many of already (such as boots, cardigans, graphic t-shirts, miniskirts, etc.)?
Probably flannels, or any type of plaid shirt for that matter. They are really trendy right now, but I started wearing my dad's old ones when I was in elementary school and never really stopped. 

6. Tell us about a really cool website you go to all the time that you think other people should know about.
I am the last to know about everything so most people already know about it, but I love Nataliedee.com. I wish I knew more super cool websites lol. 



7. What's the guiltiest pleasure movie, band/singer, movie, book or whatever that you are not embarrassed to love and insist is actually really good despite everyone you know thinking you're crazy?
Probably the band They Might Be Giants. Most people think they just make a lot of noise but I really like them. In a way, they sometimes remind me of the Smiths because of the sad lyrics with upbeat melody, even though the genres are completely different.

8. Intentionally vague question: What's your favorite?
My favorite season is autumn. My birthday is in October so that maybe part of it, but I love pumpkin patches, hayrides, haunted houses, caramel apples, all of it. 



Thanks Sara! I had fun looking through all her archives picking out pictures to share. There's one more I had to include as well, since I am an unabashedly huge fan of the Josie and the Pussycats movie from like ten years ago. Alan Cumming, Parker Posey, Rachel Leigh Cook of She's All That (another of my high school faves), even Tara Reid is pretty funny in it. And you know I rocked that soundtrack with the lead singer of Letters to Cleo, who was not credited on the album (the songs all just say "performed by Josie and the Pussycats). Okay, so I am on a major tangent here. Look, a picture!


Be sure to check out Sara's blog here.

7 comments:

  1. lol this was awesome!! Thank you so much for doing this and I have to say, looking at these pictures makes me miss my long dark hair *sniff sniff* lol but really, this was a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayy, this rules! I love Sara so much, she's absolutely one of my fave bloggers in the blogosphere. These questions are so fun, and uh... Sara, if you're reading this... LESTAT FANGIRL TWINS! Okay so I fangirled him back in high school, but still, Anne Rice was awesome. XD

    Also all of these pics of Sara are so amazing, some I haven't even seen! Yay. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurray!! Sara is the nicest person you'll ever meet and her blog is a fountain of fun. Thanks for profiling her. The questions were creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sarah,

    you should check out dandecarlos website
    http://www.dandecarlo.com

    he is the creator of josie and the pussycats, josie -- his wife is the basis of the main character.

    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this and you are right, her blog is too cute

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute! Good idea, Steph! I also am a closet Ann Rice fanatic--The Witching Hour is one of the best books I can remember reading in high school. I remember it prevented me from leaving the house a lot back then...

    Hope you are having a good weekend!
    xo
    Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is so sweet, what a great feature!!
    Thanks for stopping by & your comment, I am hosting a giveaway would love to have you enter!

    fashionableroad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete